Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
North Shore Physicians Group provides state-of-the-art care to patients with pulmonary disease, sleep disorders and critical illnesses. Our physicians diagnose and treat conditions related to the lungs and respiratory system.
- COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Pulmonary complications of respiratory muscle weakness from neuromuscular diseases
- Sleep disorders
- Outpatient pulmonary and sleep consultations are provided by our physicians at our Salem practice. Spirometry testing and ambulatory oximetry testing to determine the need for supplemental oxygen are also offered.
- Home testing for sleep disorder diagnosis is available for some patients.
NSMC Salem Hospital Services
Inpatient Pulmonary Clinic
Our physicians provide inpatient pulmonary consultations at NSMC Salem Hospital and work closely with NSMC hospitalist physicians to evaluate, diagnose and treat pulmonary disorders. Critically ill patients are cared for by our physicians and critical care team in the intensive care unit at NSMC Salem Hospital. This unit provides state-of-the-art care for patients with respiratory failure and multi-system disease. In addition, we also provide services at Spaulding Hospital North Shore in Salem to patients who require inpatient pulmonary rehabilitation and long-term acute care for respiratory failure requiring mechanical ventilation.
Pulmonary TB Clinic
Our team evaluates and treats patients with tuberculosis at our clinic at NSMC Salem Hospital (located on Davenport 4). We work closely with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to provide these services.
Sleep Center Services
NSPG pulmonologists also work closely with the NSMC Sleep Center located on Macomber 5 at NSMC Salem Hospital. The Sleep Center conducts sleep studies using advanced monitoring techniques to detect and diagnose sleep disorders such as sleep apnea. After sleep studies are complete, our team provides comprehensive follow-up care and education for patients with sleep disorders.
55 Highland Avenue, 978.745.4489
81 Highland Avenue, 978.741.1200
496 Lynnfield Street, 781.593.3400