North Shore Physicians Group Extended Care provides primary care services for older patients staying in skilled nursing or long-term care facilities. Board certified nurse practitioners and physician assistants provide a variety of health care services and act as a liaison with the patient's attending physician and other specialists at the facility.
Geriatric Extended Care Services
- Diagnosis of acute illnesses or injuries
- Order and prescription of diagnostic tests
- On-call 24 hours to receive alerts from the nursing facility about a patient's medical status
- Referrals to outside specialists
- Routine physicals
- Transition of patients back to their primary care providers when they leave the facility
For more information, call 978.825.7177.