NSPG specialists provide neurosurgery procedures close to home.
North Shore patients requiring neurosurgery procedures will find world-class neurosurgery specialists at North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG). With more than 200 outstanding physicians, nurse practitioners and medical professionals, NSPG provides exceptional medical care at convenient locations throughout the North Shore.
Our neurosurgery specialists provide comprehensive evaluation and diagnosis of neurological disorders and perform neurosurgery procedures to treat injuries and diseases of the brain, spine and peripheral nervous system. NSPG specialists work closely with patients to develop effective treatment plans tailored to meet the needs of each patient, some of which include neurosurgery procedures.
Neurosurgery procedures performed by NSPG spine specialists.
NSPG specialists offer a broad range of neurosurgery procedures. Our minimally invasive surgical treatments include:
- Microsurgical decompression, where a spine specialist removes a portion of the laminar roof over the spinal canal to relieve pinched or compressed nerves affected by lumbar spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis or herniated disks.
- Microdiscectomy, where a spine surgeon removes disk material from under the nerve root or a bit of the bone over the nerve root to alleviate neural impingement and give the nerve room to heal.
Neurosurgery specialists also perform complex procedures for:
- advanced degenerative conditions
- tumors and fractures
- Kyphoplasty for osteoporotic compression fractures
- Computer guided surgical procedures
- Artificial disc replacement procedures
Neurosurgery procedures treat a wide range of conditions:
- Inflammatory conditions and infections (e.g., myelopathy and radiculopathy)
- Employment related spinal injuries
- Disc herniations and disc disease
- Spinal fractures
- Neck and back pain
- Peripheral nerve disorder
- Failed back
- Spinal cord compression
- Spinal stenosis
Comprehensive care available through NSPG
In addition to neurosurgery procedures, NSPG patients receive comprehensive treatment in many areas of medicine.
Our internal medicine doctors, pediatricians and family medicine specialists provide excellent primary care and serve as the gateway to specialists in the wider Partners HealthCare network. Patients with non-life threatening injuries or illnesses may get treatment at our Danvers urgent care clinic.
NSPG physicians also include OBGYN doctor, endocrinologist, and rheumatologist, among many other specialties.
Call 978.977.0351 to make an appointment.