Find a spine surgeon in the North Shore region.
North Shore patients who need spinal treatment can find a world-class spine surgeon through North Shore Physicians Group (NSPG). Affiliated with North Shore Medical Center, NSPG has more than 200 exceptional physicians, nurse practitioners and medical professionals, including neurosurgery specialists, with offices in convenient North Shore locations.
A spine surgeon provides comprehensive evaluation of neurological conditions and performs a wide range of neurosurgery procedures to treat injuries and diseases of the spine, brain and peripheral nervous system. A spine surgeon with NSPG works closely with a team of other specialists to create an effective treatment plan tailored to a patient’s specific medical condition. Patients may consult a spine surgeon at our office in Peabody.
Conditions treated by a spine surgeon
A spine surgeon from NSPG can diagnose and treat a wide range of conditions, including
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal cord compression
- Neck and back pain
- Congenital spinal abnormalities
- Spinal fractures
- Inflammatory conditions and infections (e.g., myelopathy and radiculopathy)
- Employment related spinal injuries
- Peripheral nerve disorder
- Disc herniations and disc disease
- Failed back
Minimally invasive surgeries performed by NSPG spine surgeons:
- X-stop for spinal stenosis, in which the spine surgeon inserts a device into the patient’s back to help alleviate the painful symptoms of lumbar spinal stenosis.
- Microdiscectomy, a treatment for neural impingement where a small portion of the bone over the nerve root or disk material from under the nerve root is removed by a spine specialist, giving the nerve room to heal.
- Microsurgical decompression, to provide relief from the pain of pinched or compressed nerves that are the result of lumbar spinal stenosis, herniated disks or spondylolisthesis.
NSPG spine surgeons also perform complex spine surgeries, including:
- Artificial disc replacement
- Kyphoplasty for osteoporotic compression fractures
- Computer guided surgery
Find a spine surgeon through the Find a Doctor feature on our website.
You can get a referral to one of our spine surgeons through our internal medicine specialists.
You may also use Find a Doctor on the NSPG website to search for a doctor by specialty as well as by location (for example, to find a family medicine doctor in Danvers or a geriatric care specialist near Salem).