North Shore patients find neurosurgery specialists close to home.
Patients living on Boston’s North Shore will find exceptional neurosurgery specialists at North Shore Physicians Group, a multi-specialty practice of more than 200 physicians and medical professionals affiliated with North Shore Medical Center.
Our neurosurgery specialists offer comprehensive evaluation and perform neurosurgery procedures for a range of neurological conditions, including injury and diseases of the spine, brain and peripheral nervous system. Neurosurgery specialists at NSPG create effective treatment plans for patients that are tailored to their medical condition. Patients see our neurosurgery specialists at our 4 Centennial Drive, Peabody office, 978.977.0351.
Conditions treated by NSPG neurosurgery specialists
- Neck and back pain
- Inflammatory conditions and infections (e.g., myelopathy and radiculopathy)
- Employment related spinal injuries
- Disc herniations and disc disease
- Spinal fractures
- Failed back
- Spinal cord compression
- Peripheral nerve disorder
- Spinal stenosis
Procedures performed by NSPG neurosurgery specialists.
Minimally invasive surgical treatments provided by our specialists include:
- Microdiscectomy, where a spine surgeon removes a small portion of the bone over the nerve root or disk material from under the nerve root, alleviating neural impingement and allowing the nerve to heal.
- Microsurgical decompression to relieve pinched or compressed nerves resulting from herniated disks, lumbar spinal stenosis or spondylolisthesis.
Neurosurgery specialists also perform complex spine surgery, including
- Kyphoplasty for osteoporotic compression fractures
- Computer guided surgery
- Artificial disc replacement
- Advanced degenerative conditions
Other medical services available from NSPG specialists.
In addition to neurosurgery specialists, North Shore patients can find world-class medical care in many areas of medicine through NSPG. Options for primary care include North Shore internal medicine doctors, pediatricians and family medicine specialists.
We also have obstetrics-gynecology, endocrinology, pulmonology, gastroenterology, neonatology, nephrology, rheumatology, and sports medicine specialists. Our urgent care facility in Danvers offers evening and weekend hours. 978.739.7700.
As the situation arises, we can provide referrals to physicians at North Shore Medical Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, as well as others in the Partners HealthCare network.