Our board certified surgeons are Terence P. Doorly, M.D., Chief of Neurosurgery, and Jason Bessey, M.D. Both surgeons are affiliated with Massachusetts General Hospital and have extensive experience in the examination and treatment of the spine, as well as with the interpretations of X-rays, CT and MRI scans.
When you meet with our spine surgeons they will explain the surgical treatment options available for your condition. They are specially trained in both minimally invasive and complex spine procedures and will work with you to provide the least invasive, safest and most effective care.
- Advanced degenerative conditions
- Disc herniations and disc disease
- Employment related spinal injuries
- Inflammatory conditions and infections (eg, myelopathy and radiculopathy)
- Neck and back pain
- Peripheral nerve disorder
- Spinal fractures
- Spinal cord compression
- Spinal stenosis
Minimally Invasive Surgical Treatments:
- Artificial disc replacement
- Kyphoplasty for osteoporotic compression fractures
- Microsurgical decompression
- Peripheral nerve surgery
Shared medical appointments
Our spine surgeons also offer shared medical appointments to their patients.